Earhart mi

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Starting with the Positive

This year I am beginning the year with a positive inquiry for the parents. They are often eager to tell me about their child's problems. I would like to begin with their strengths. I hope this is an effective tool. I will keep you posted. :-) Here are the questions I am using.

Tell Me About Your Child

This information will help me design activities that will
match your child’s interests and our first grade curriculum.

1. What did your child like most about kindergarten?
2. Tell me something your child does well.
3. What does your child enjoy doing during their free time?
4. What are two of your child’s favorite books?
5. What is your child’s favorite game?
6. Does your child have any hobbies or collections?
What are they?
7. What are some things that you would like me to know about your child?

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM , Blogger Becky said...

Start with the positive, I can't imagine any better advice! I always disliked when I got the negative news about students, it colored my thinking. Of course I still catch myself giving some of that info to teachers. Feel free to tell me to stop if I give you negative info about students before you have had a chance to get to know them yourself!

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger val said...

Kim, thank you for these questions. I sent the paper home and most parents sent it back the following day. I loved reading the answers and getting to know the students. I will definately use this next year. Thanks for sharing!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home