Earhart mi

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Go to Your Strengths

In his book, Go Put Your Strengths to Work, Marcus Buckingham states that 2/10 people say that they 'play to their strengths' most of the time. His question, "Are you one of the 2/10?" really caught my attention. It made me wonder what my students would say. Do they have an opportunity to work in their strengths most of the time or do they feel pressed into a mold of conformity? When I think of the mi theory, I think of the unique set of strengths that each child brings to our classroom. I want to 'play to their strengths' whenever I can. When they have a sense of contributing to the class, it benefits us all. If I am left on my own, I will continue to default to my favorite way of doing things. When I interact with my students, my perspective is broadened and we all learn and grow.
So what about you? Are we making the most of our interactions at school? Are we teaming up with each other to learn and grow from our diversity? I am interpersonal, bodily-kinesthetic, and musical-rhythmic. What are your strengths? Please post your mi profile.

Kim

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:14 PM , Blogger Jenn Kimerer said...

I am Bodily Kinesthetic, Interpersonal, and Art Smart.
Jenn Kimerer

 
At 4:52 AM , Blogger Jenn Kimerer said...

Okay...this time I took the mi test posted and I am kinesthetic, interpersonal, but my last one changed and was intrapersonal. Not sure if it was just my mood this morning or if I am truly intrapersonal. I am sure my husband has an opinion on that one! :)

 
At 6:17 AM , Blogger Kim Whitchurch said...

Intrapersonal people are NOT introverts. You know what you believe and act upon those beliefs. I think that is true about you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home